AFT Local #2375 – Representing Full-Time and Adjunct Faculty at Raritan Valley Community College, Somerville NJ
Dear Fellow Adjunct:
Welcome to Raritan Valley Community College — you are now an employee of one of the most highly regarded two year institutions in the nation. RVCC offers various disciplines and educational opportunities for the surrounding communities and these are supported by the dedicated full time and adjunct faculty. You are one of about 400 adjunct faculty members who bring a wealth of knowledge, education and situational life experiences to our student body.
Our faculty federation is only as strong as its membership, and joining Local 2375 will give your union representatives the support and solidarity they need to create the best possible working environment for you. Some of the recent gains that have been achieved as a result of our efforts are:
1. Improved adjunct office area with private space for meeting students;
2. Grant monies (Five $1000 grants/year) for adjunct members to pursue their own research and professional development;
3. Adjunct Fellowship position at the Center for Teaching, Learning & Scholarship;
4. An opportunity for improved job security through a good faith consideration provision;
5. Two tuition-free courses/semester for members and their eligible dependents;
6. A discount on child care for eligible members and 50% reduction in summer camp costs for children; and
7. Compensation of $200/class for any class canceled or reassigned within a week of semester start.
There are many challenges ahead of us as we strive to increase adjunct pay and working conditions. That’s why your membership in Local 2375 is so important. As a group we can work together with the administration to ensure the best possible educational environment for adjuncts as well as for our students. Please complete the enrollment form today and welcome aboard!
If you have any questions about membership, please contact our Membership Vice President, Jamie Parmese — and know that we are all available to answer your questions at any time.
Best Regards from Your Union Representatives:
VP of Membership Jamie Parmese (English)
VP Craig Ally (Business & Public Service)
Rep Denel Bingel (Health Science Education)
Rep Laureen Lefever (Communication & Languages)
Rep Roger Shutack (Humanities, Social Science, Social Work & Education)